The site Natura 2000 “Movila lui Burcel” is not given under custody and has no Administration structure because it does not need one. According to the Standard Form Natura 2000 the responsible authority for the site management is Miclesti Commune Town Hall (Vaslui County).
Surface: 13 ha
Recognition according to the communitarian/national legislation:
- Site Natura 2000 – Movila lui Burcel appears as a communitarian importance site, according to Ord. 1964/2007 at the position 117, having the code ROSCI0117.
- Protected area of national interest
protected area of national interest, botanical reservation, established in 1973 through the Resolution 220/1973 of the Executiv Committee of Vaslui County People Council; The Resolution 129/14.09.2004 of Vaslui County Council
- The legal base of establishing the protected area APPB is the Law no. 5/2000 through which is approved the arrangement Plan of the national territory – section III – protected areas, wher the botanical reservation Movila lui Burcel is registered at the position 2775.
Aspects regarding the property upon the project area/zone and the main using modality of the lands within it
The land property type, according to the Standard Form Natura 2000 is: communitarian property, the reservation being under the administration of Miclesti Commune Towwn Hall.
Movila lui Burcel is situated at 4 km from Miclesti Commune, towards the NV side, at 200 m left from the road DN 24 A Vaslui – Iasi. The well known historical monument Movila lui Burcel is, as well, a place that presents a special nature meaning, reason for which it has an initial surface of 12 ha and has been established a protection regime through the Resolution no. 220/1973 of Vaslui County People Council.
The site is important for the following species and habitates of communitarian interest listed in the appendix I and appendix II of the Council Directive 92/43/CEE and the appendixes 2 and 3 of O.U.G. 57/2007:
- mammals: the gopher – Spermophilus citellus, code 1335
- capul sarpelui – Echium russicum, code 4067
- wild iris – Iris aphylla ssp. hungarica. code 4097
- habitate: Ponto-sarmatic steppes, code 62C0*.
Within the site, there are present, as well other 55 important flora and fauna species.
HABITAT: Ponto – Sarmatic Steppes – co: 62CO*
Habitate spreading: Transilvania (Transilvania Field, Tarnavelor Plateau, Sibiu and Brasov Hills), Moldavia (Central Moldavian Plateau).
Surfaces: Vegetation fragments on the improper for agriculture hills and on the lands where the forest was cut. The surfaces of this habitate are reduced from several hundred meters up to 2-3 ha, seldom fragmented by phytocenosis within other types of steppe vegetation.
The altitude at which is found this habitate is 300 -750 m.
Clima: temperature (T = 8.5 – 6ºC); precipitations (P = 700 – 850 mm).
Relief: gentle slopes, wide ridges, with deep and fertile soil, but, as well, abrupt slopes where the water runs quickly.
Rocks: chalks on the hill in Transilvania, loess in Moldavia.
Soils: erosion soils, eroded chernozioms.
The importance of the project area/zone for the biodiversity and/or for the preservation of the species/types of habitates
Movila lui Burcel hill has an altitude of 391 m, and the land within the reservation is partially stabilized by the grass vegetation, which represents an authentic vestige of the primary vegetation.
The type habitate – Ponto – Sarmatic Steppes – code: 62CO*, is spreading on 100% of the site surface.
The abundance of pontic, sub-mediterranean and continental elements, as well as the presence of various rare species, at least for the Moldavian flora, offers this resort a great scientific importance. Among the rare plants in the Moldavian flora, having a high fitogeographic importance, can be mentioned: Adonis hybrida, Allium flavum, A.moschatum, Cephalaria uralensis, Centaurea marschalliana, Iris pummila, Pulsatila montana, Goniolimon besserianum, Astragalus dasyanthus, Adonis volgensis, etc.
It represents a steppe west-pontic meadow, priority habitate (62C0 * Ponto-sarmatic steppes) according to the Habitates Directive, which covers 100% of the entire site surface with:
- species of mammals listed in appendix II to the Council Directive 92/43/CEE- Spermophilus citellus (2-10 i)- in favorable preservation status.
- species of plants listed in appendix II of the Council Directive 92/43/CEE – Echium russicum (rare) and Iris aphylla ssp. Hungarica (rare)- in favorable preservation status.
- A group of approx. 10 species of vascular plants from the National Red List,
- other over 50 species of important planst and animals, according to the Standard Form Natura 2000.